Concert weekend!


I’m so excited that this weekend is finally here (although extremely nervous). On Sunday the “Stories from the Ballet” will finally take place after months and months of planning and hard work. I’m lucky to be able to have this opportunity of working with such lovely and talented people – the de Havilland Philharmonic are a fine orchestra.

It’s going to be hard to paint along to this music: the scores by Tchaikovsky are so beautiful I will have to remember why I am on stage with a paint brush in my hand. I’ll probably start conducting with it if I’m not careful!

Here’s a sketch for a scene from Swan Lake. For more information, do visit my ELLA BELLA site.

And although almost 700 tickets are sold, there are still a few tickets left if you are local and can go. See the advert on this site for details. This unique event will never be repeated!

Posted in

James Mayhew

James is the creator of the much-loved Katie and Ella Bella Ballerina series and has written or illustrated many other books, including Koshka’s Tales, Mouse & Mole (by Joyce Dunbar) and Gaspard the Fox (by Zeb Soanes). Alongside his work in publishing, James performs live on stage during concerts for children, combining live classical music, storytelling and art.

4 responses to “Concert weekend!”

  1. Saviour Pirotta avatar

    all the luck in the world, James. It’s going to be sensational. I’d be there if I lived closer.

  2. James Mayhew avatar

    Thanks Saviour, that’s really kind of you. Maybe one day we could do this together – wouldn’t that be something?

  3. Julia Kelly avatar

    do you say ” break a leg” for good luck- well whatever the right way to say it- the best of luck- though I doubt you need it-it will be a magical night I am sure!

  4. James Mayhew avatar

    Break a leg will do just fine – thank you! Very nervous this evening, but trying to be organised, pack all I need to take… and practise at my easel one last time!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts

Black Dogs & Grey Wolves!
A Symphony Of Stories
A09F6610-AC82-4E01-BE93-6734D74974BD
The Frog’s Kiss
A733A39F-7C38-47E0-9405-FBC7D256D27F
Pictures at an Exhibition with RSNO

Events